Last week we featured one of our favorite books in the shop, James Herriot's Treasury for Children. Inside its lovey pages are stories about animals, especially farm animals. From sweet little lambs, to ducks and chickens, and even the tiny barn mouse, Herriot's touching tales bring to light the connection between humans and animals and the magic that happens in between.
So this week we wanted to share with you a few of the delightful farm animals in our barnyard, of the plush variety that is. Since we opened our shop we have carried Hansa's life-like stuffed animals, and they continue to be one of our favorite items in the store. Each season we unpack the new arrivals and marvel at their artistry and oh-so-huggable nature. Not to mention, each Hansa stuffed animal comes with a "Toys That Teach" tag with wonderful information on each animals habitat, lifestyle, gestation period, caring of young, and eating habits.
Not only that, but each plush animal is handmade by artisans in the Philippines in a great facility and work environment that provides a real living wage to its workers. Making these plush animals a toy we feel proud to feature in the store and here on our blog. So without further adieu, here are a few little critters that would be just perfect to curl up with this spring!
- Mother Goose: Straight from farmyard, this beautifully crafted Lifelike Plush Goose is the perfect friend for lovers of farms, fairy tales and sweet orange webbed feet!
- Little Lambs: These sweet little lambs love to sleep on laps and play in the grass!
- Yellow Duckling: This little Duckling is far from ugly! Sweet, soft and perfect for hours of make believe.
- Little Pig: That's some pig!... at least we think so. Straight from the pages of Charlotte's Web, this sweet little piglet would love to be your pet.
- Gray Mouse: This little rodent is just too cute! Slightly larger than the actual animal, this realistic stuffed Gray Mouse still fits in the palm of your hand.
- Baby Bunny: Hop into spring and into Easters baskets, with this baby bunny.
- Mother Hen: Tuck your little chicks in tight with this lovely mother hen.
We hope you'll take a moment and fall in love with these sweet plush animals, just like we did!
P.S. Check back tomorrow morning to see the winner of our James Herriot's Treasury for Children Book Giveaway!
*Last time in Books and Stories: James Herriot's Treasury for Children + a Giveaway!