Every spring around this time we share a special egg dying activity. This year. . .
. . . we decided to add a little mystery to. . .
. . . the drama of spring. . .
. . . with secret hidden messages . . .
. . . that magically appear!
This super simple but lovely activity is a fun way to share a little magic this spring with the ones you love!
Secret Message Eggs
- White or Brown Blown Out Eggs (here's how to do it)
- Egg dye (we like this plant dye kit that includes a clear wax crayon)
- Box (we used the box from an old Owl Whistle)
- Batik crayons or a clear wax crayon from an egg dying kit
- Sweet little envelopes or bags
- Paper for tag
- Pen or Pencil
- Bakers Twine, regular twine, or ribbon
Starting with your blown out eggs, use a batik crayon (or a clear wax crayon) to write a secret message on an egg.
Put your egg dye of choice in a small bag and write the instructions for the dye on the bag followed by the phrase "to reveal a secret message".
Place the egg with the message on it and the bag in the box. Tie up the box with ribbon or twine and attach a tag that says "Dye Me"
Give this sweet spring gift to a friend.
With the Kids: